Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Book Review: Cowgirls Don't Cry by Silver James



Title: Cowgirls Don't Cry

Author: Silver James

Genre: Romance

Publisher: Harlequin


Cassidy Morgan is a former rodeo champ turned city girl, who returns homes following the death of her father to help her uncle Boots save the family ranch. Meanwhile, handsome businessman/billionaire Chance Barron comes to town under orders from his father to get Cassidy’s ranch. Chance befriends Cassidy, who’s unaware of his true identity. As she struggles to find a way to come up with the money to keep her father’s ranch, Chance finds himself falling for her and putting himself in an awkward situation. Will Cassidy stay with Chance when she learns his true motives? Will Chance choose Cassidy or his father? Those are the questions in Cowgirls Don’t Cry.


I loved Cassidy and Chance’s characters. Cassidy is someone who portrays herself as strong, although at times in the book when it looks like her plans for the ranch are going to fail she wants to break down, yet she doesn’t because she remembers her father’s motto “Cowgirls don’t cry.”

Chance at times, he comes across as arrogant, but towards the middle of the book I warmed up to him. I loved his relationship with Cassidy, but I didn’t like how he was lying to her and there were moments where I just wanted him to admit the truth. I liked the turmoil he faced with choosing between helping Cassidy or obeying his father’s orders.

The author does a good job of setting the western feeling in the book. Everything from the small town setting to the scenery to the townsfolk makes you want to be transported there. Boots is one of my favorite characters; I love the scenes with him and his dog. I liked how he was a father figure to Cassidy and gave her advice about Chance.

The ending was well done and I liked how the author wrapped it up with every character getting what they deserved. There was also a hint of a sequel revolving around one of Chance’s brothers, which I’ll be reading next.

I love a good western/cowboy romance and Cowgirls Don’t Cry has become one of my favorites.

 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment