Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Westmore



Soap operas are one of the biggest influences for my books, especially the Westmore series. Whenever someone asks me to describe Westmore, I always say it's a romance novel meets soap opera.

The book revolves around three families and in all there are seventeen characters, with a few more to be added later. I won't go into much detail about all the characters, but for anyone who’s curious feel free to check out the Westmore page.

What I love most about the series is the different personalities and backgrounds of the characters and the history they have with each other. Like a soap opera there are individual storylines for the characters, including love triangles, family fighting, and of course backstabbing in the boardroom.

Some readers may think the series is an awesome idea, while others probably think it’s confusing. But I wanted to write a book that was unique and as a writer I think you need to think outside the box. I knew when writing Westmore there would be criticism, yet that was a risk I was willing to take and even if the books never become a success, I’m still proud of them and happy I made the decision to write the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment