Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Being Single

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’m sure everyone’s out celebrating the special day with their loved ones. While everyone is enjoying their day, some single people may be dreading the holiday.

I happen to be single, but no I don’t dread the holiday. I’m not anti-Valentine’s.


I’m celebrating the holiday in my own special way, by cuddling up on the couch with my pets, enjoying a good book, and diving into a bag of candy.


Okay, it probably sounds bad, but that’s how I like to celebrate. I don’t like to go extravaganza, I prefer simple.

Alright, now I’m rambling. Apologies, I’ve got a bad habit of doing it.


The main reason I wrote the post was to talk about love and why I’m still single.


I have self-esteem issues. I’m a bit on the big girl side and throughout life; I was picked on not only for my weight. I didn’t think any guy would want anything to do with me. So for a majority of my 31 years, I’ve remained single. But now as I’m getting older and after a pep talk with my friends, I’ve decided to enter the dating game. 


I started online dating about 3 years ago. I met a couple of guys and everything seemed to be going great, we talked about our interests and plans for the future. This is the first couple of days when we were just chatting and getting to know each other, then all of a sudden the men would ask me to send sexy pictures of myself (you know what kind I’m referring too). And that’s when I ended the conversation and took a break from dating.


My main problem with dating these days is it seems people are in just looking for a booty call instead of forming a long-lasting relationship. I know I sound old-fashioned, but that’s just how I feel. I want to get to know someone before I decided to take the next big step in a relationship. If a guy can’t accept this, then I say so long.


It’s been a while since I’ve used online dating, but now I’m thinking maybe it’s time to get back in the game. Afterall, there’s a nice guy out there for me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment