Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Letting Go of Insecurities

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to write a post today in coordinating with the release of Sensual Diversions, a sexy romance anthology. When I was asked a couple of months ago if I’d like to be part of the anthology, I jumped at the chance. Together with 13 other authors, we’ve compiled short stories and excerpts showcasing erotic romance.


Sensual Diversions will be released on Valentine’s Day and if you love erotic romances, you don’t want to miss out on this anthology. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01APQIA14/
 
Getting down to the reason for my post.

I admit I’ve had to deal with insecurities with my writing. In fact, it’s one of the things I talked about during the #authorlifemonth challenge.

(You can keep up with all my #authorlifemonth posts on my Instagram account @dramacjc)

So getting back on track. As a romance author, I knew sex scenes were important in the story, yet I was afraid of writing them. I was worried what my family and friends would think if they read a sexy scene. That's one of the reasons why in my earlier books I had the action take place behind closed doors, plus I figured it'd be nice to let the readers use their imagination.


Then one day, I came to a realization.

I had to get over my fear.

When I was writing Westmore: New Beginnings, I decided to try my hand at writing a sexy scene. Writing the scene felt liberating, I was saying goodbye to my fears and hello to a new start with my writing.


Since then, I've become comfortable writing sexy scenes, you’ll be reading more of them in my upcoming books.


The point is you have to let go of your insecurities in order to move forward in your dreams. By doing so, you never know what you can accomplish.



No comments:

Post a Comment